Aluminumum, tin, and copper are some of the toughest roofing alternatives that are recommended for areas with extreme weather conditions. Dallas roofs are exposed to the hottest sun during summer days and nippy cold during winter. Aside from a durable roof, Arizona home builders are also looking for a material that can help manage the summer heat and stay comfortable during winter without oversized energy bills.
Benefits of Using Metal Roofing in Dallas
1. Long lasting – Metal roofs can last for over 50 years. Metals are highly durable and can withstand extensive exposure to extreme weather conditions.
2. Weather resistant – It is resistant to high winds, hail, will easily shed snow and rain, and will not easily grow mold. Another reason why metal roofs are popular in Dalla is its capability to reflect light. Metal does not absorb heat, thus help keep the house cool even in hot days.
3. Varied shape and color options – As metal can be manufactured to look like other roofing materials, using it does not limit the house architectural design. Metals can be made to resemble shingles, wood shakes, slates, and clay tiles.
4. Fire resistant – Metals do not burn.
5. Minimal maintenance required – Metals are durable materials that will keep its shape and texture even when heated or in extreme cold weather. It does not easily crack, bend, or curl. Maintenance replacement is rare until it reaches its lifetime.
6. Light weight – Metal roofing materials do not need to be extremely thick to increment durability. Thus, metal is one of the lightest roofing materials. You do not need to construct an extremely sturdy underlayment to support the roof.